Champions Watchtower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Online fan site created by fans for fans.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recommended Characteristics for all builds

Go down 
+2
GreatEvilBetty
JOROBOTO
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JOROBOTO
Admin
JOROBOTO

Recommended Characteristics for all builds Empty
PostSubject: Recommended Characteristics for all builds   Recommended Characteristics for all builds EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 8:25 am

Here is a run-down of the recommended Characteristics for all power sets:

Electricity- Recovery/Endurance

Force- Ego/Endurance

Archery- Dex/Intel

Munitions- Dex/Ego

Dual Blade- Strength/Dex

Single Blade- Strength/Dex

Martial Arts- Strength/Dex

Claw- Strength/Dex

Telekinesis- Con/Recovery

Might- Strength/Con

Supernatural- Con/Recovery

Fire- Presence/Recovery

Ice- Dex/Recovery

Gadgeteering- Intel/Endurance

Power Armor- Strength/Intel

Telepathy- Ego/Presence

Darkness- Con/Endurance

Sorcery- Intel/Presence
Back to top Go down
https://championswatchtower.forumotion.net
GreatEvilBetty

GreatEvilBetty

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Characteristics for all builds   Recommended Characteristics for all builds EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 1:58 pm

I would like to note that just because these are the Recommended Characteristics doesn't mean they are the best for your play style or how you would like to play your character.

Generally these are correct though, but i would recommend playing around with different superstats when you hit level 10 just to see if you like what you have.

Also, in case you didn't know, when you Respec/Retcon you can only Respec your last 10 levels at maximum, but that does mean you can respec the powers that you started the game with, if , by level 10, you feel like you want to try a different power pool, and so long as you don't leave the Powerhouse you can Respec over and over without cost, but as soon as you leave the powerhouse you have to pay to Respec again.
Back to top Go down
Crispe

Crispe

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Characteristics for all builds   Recommended Characteristics for all builds EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 2:16 pm

I agree with the evil betty.

Right now I don't think stacking the recommended stats helps unless you have a power that scales with a selected stat. Like lightning reflexes - dex
invulnerability - str/con
personal force field - end/ego
fire form- pre
still don't see how pre would be good in fire, unless it is there to keep you from getting squashed from the threat generated by all the aoe powers.
etc.

If I make a hero with archery i'm pretty sure i would do custom framework and pick the munitions stats. Also End should pretty much be in your top 3 stat priorities no matter what character you are playing, more end more face stomping more charge on the higher end powers, there is lots of pieces of equipment with end thrown in with the other 2 stats you are trying to build up, all this = bueno.

Use the power house after every power purchase you make, will save you resources, and test out different powers.
Back to top Go down
mughzee

mughzee

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Characteristics for all builds   Recommended Characteristics for all builds EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:26 am

Yeah. I made a fire guy the other day but I custom framed him to use dex/ego. He was a criting fool and end/rec were my secondary. And as far as forms go. I don't know if electric is like this, but fire and ice forms work with each other, but I believe scale on different stats. U may want to look at that when considering a passive when it comes to elemental and sorcery. I use telekinesis. I took the perk on my darts that procs my ego form and am using the darkness form instead. it's a really good combo. I've found that the game really is about synergy between the framworks
Back to top Go down
Lepew

PostSubject: Patch notes   Recommended Characteristics for all builds EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:20 am

From the patch notes announced 21 Sept,

"Superstats are now hard-capped at 32% damage. "

This is an interesting issue now. Before it was simple...just stack attributes in your two superstats and things get better. But if you are going to cap at 32% (not sure what attribute value that corresponds to), you might want to spread points around some.
Back to top Go down
Horizon

Horizon

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Characteristics for all builds   Recommended Characteristics for all builds EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:54 pm

the 32% cap is for the Bonus to "All Damage" you recieve from your two Primary Attributes
Back to top Go down
Lepew

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Characteristics for all builds   Recommended Characteristics for all builds EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:50 am

Horizon wrote:
the 32% cap is for the Bonus to "All Damage" you recieve from your two Primary Attributes

Right. I did a quick study last night. Saw 16% dmg at 60 attribute and 19% at 71 attribute. Linear fit is a straight line with slope 3/11 and intercept zero, preditcting 32% at an attribute value of 117.

So say you pick Str and Con as superstats. You would want to not wear gear and talent these to exceed 117 each. I interpret this as a 32% cap for STR, and a 32% cap for Con.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Characteristics for all builds   Recommended Characteristics for all builds Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommended Characteristics for all builds
Page 1 of 1