Champions Watchtower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Online fan site created by fans for fans.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stats and Effects

Go down 
+2
GreatEvilBetty
DrunkenScholar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DrunkenScholar
Admin
DrunkenScholar

Stats and Effects Empty
PostSubject: Stats and Effects   Stats and Effects EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:00 pm

These are a list of the game stats and how we understand they affect building your character. If these change, or are incorrect, please let us know and we will adjust them accordingly.

Strength - Affects melee damage slightly, throwing, knockback strength, knockback resistance and breaking holds.

Dexterity - Affects critical strike chance and aggro range.

Constitution - Affects health.

Intelligence - Affects power recharge, energy cost and stealth see-through.

Ego - Affects critical strength and breaking holds.

Presence - Affects threat and healing.

Recovery - Affects energy recovery and equilibrium.

Endurance - Affects energy recovery and energy max.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunkenscholar.wordpress.com
GreatEvilBetty

GreatEvilBetty

Stats and Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stats and Effects   Stats and Effects EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 5:36 am

I would just like to make an important note here:

For those who didn't know(i for one didn't until recently) whatever you choose as your two SUPER stats determine your characters damage, so make sure you pick ones you plan on getting alot of gear for and not ones you take just so it will be boosted a little.
Back to top Go down
Horizon

Horizon

Stats and Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stats and Effects   Stats and Effects EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 5:41 am

Oh YES! Heed the pearls of Wisdom, here... as "I" am victim to this very conundrum.

I was not aware you got ONLY 2 of those characteristic buffs, and stupidly placed my first in recovery, when I desperately NOW need it in constitution...

*SIGH* Say la ve'
Back to top Go down
cthululaw

Stats and Effects Empty
PostSubject: Please Explain ...   Stats and Effects EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 10:22 am

GreatEvilBetty wrote:
I would just like to make an important note here:

For those who didn't know(i for one didn't until recently) whatever you choose as your two SUPER stats determine your characters damage, so make sure you pick ones you plan on getting alot of gear for and not ones you take just so it will be boosted a little.

This sounds important, but I don't really understand what you are saying; will you please explain more?

For instance, I understand how DEX, STR, or EGO could contribute to damage (dps), but I don't understand how, say, CON or INT or REC dtermine damage. Is it just a matter of more energy = more dps?

So, I don't understand, but I'd like to.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
CSchroder

Stats and Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stats and Effects   Stats and Effects EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Only 2 attributes directly raise the damage done by your character's powers--it's the 2 you choose as superstats or characteristic focus--one at level 5 and one at level 13. So if you want to be strong and pick STR, the more STR you get will add to your damage. However, you can get the same effect by picking any of the stats. I guess the idea is that you have focused on these 2 stats to the point that you do more damage. So maybe your are supersmart and know the weak points of your foes and hence can do more damage.

I'm not sure on the reasoning but in any case this is what happens (although I have no idea how you tell how much more damage you get by increasing your superstats).
Back to top Go down
ShugaShells

Stats and Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stats and Effects   Stats and Effects EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 am

ok so i did have my 2 superstats chosen correctly (dex and ego), but does choosing talents matter? I have chosen a few that dont have the dex and ego that i have for my superstats. i wouldnt think that the talents matter, but i can see how the superstats matter.
Back to top Go down
CSchroder

Stats and Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stats and Effects   Stats and Effects EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 2:20 am

I believe that any increase in your two chosen superstats increases your damage potential so yes, your other choices of stats and gear matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stats and Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stats and Effects   Stats and Effects Empty

Back to top Go down

Stats and Effects
Page 1 of 1