Champions Watchtower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Online fan site created by fans for fans.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gadgeteering

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JOROBOTO
Admin
JOROBOTO

Gadgeteering Empty
PostSubject: Gadgeteering   Gadgeteering EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Gadgeteering

Sonic Blaster

Gadgeteering Sonic_Blaster

Energy Builder

Energy Generation, Maintained Ranged Sonic Damage
Sonic Blaster emits a painfully concentrated beam of sound to rip through your enemies.
Maintain

• Single target Sonic damage
  • Generates energy

Experimental Blaster

Gadgeteering Experimental_Blaster

No Requirements

Charged Ranged Particle Damage
Experimental Blaster is a weapon of your own invention that fires a
beam at your target, dealing damage and sometimes having other more. .
. unpredictable effects.
Tap

• Single target particle damage
  • 1% chance to turn target into a teddy bear for a short time

Charge

• Increases damage and energy cost of the Tap effect
  • 50% chance to deal double damage if charged less than 0.5 sec
  • 20% chance to confuse the target for a short time if charged to full
  • 20% chance to knock the target up if charged to full

Gauntlet Chainsaw

Gadgeteering Gauntlet_Chainsaw

Requires 1 power from Gadgeteering or 2 non energy building powers from any framework

Maintained Cone Melee Slashing Damage
Chainsaw Gauntlet uses a glove mounted chainsaw to slash through any targets in your path.
Maintain

• Deals continuous slashing damage to targets in front of you

Particle Mine

Gadgeteering Particle_Mine

Requires 1 power from Gadgeteering or 2 non energy building powers from any framework

Proximity Mine, Close Area Effect Particle Damage
Particle Mine places a mine on the ground that will explode, dealing heavy particle damage, when an enemy comes within range.
Click

• Places Particle Mine at owner’s location
  • Particle Mine detonates when enemy appears in range dealing particle damage to nearby targets

Bionic Shielding

Gadgeteering Bionic_Shielding

Requires 1 powers from Gadgeteering or 2 non energy building powers from any framework

Targeted Reactive Healing Buff
Bionic Shielding places a shield of healing energy around your target causing them to heal any time they are damaged.
Click

• Applies Bionic Shielding to target.
  • Bionic Shielding heals you each time the target takes damage.
  • Bionic Shielding will heal you a maximum of 5 times before it expires

Miniaturization Drive

Gadgeteering Miniaturization_Drive

On-Next-Hit Effect
Miniaturization Drive charges your next attack with a
miniaturization field, causing the target of the attack to shrink in
size and strength.
Click

• Adds shrink and damage debuff to next attack

Sonic Device

Gadgeteering Sonic_Device

On-Next-Hit Effect
Sonic Device adds a focused sonic pulse to your next attack,
increasing the damage of the attack and adding the potential to stun
your target.
Click

• Adds sonic damage to next attack
  • Chance to stun target of next attack

Toxic Nanites

Gadgeteering Toxic_Nanites

On-Next-Hit Effect
Toxic Nanites laces your next attack with deadly nanites, infecting your target and dealing toxic damage over time.
Click

• Adds toxic damage over time to next attack

Entangling Mesh

Gadgeteering Entangling_Mesh

Close Area Effect Root
Entangling Mesh adds a web-like explosion to your arsenal. Any
enemies caught in the explosion become tangled in the mesh rooting them
in place.
Click

• Roots nearby targets

Nanobot Swarm

Gadgeteering Nanobot_Swarm

Cooldown Refresh
Using millions of tiny robots you refresh yourself and continue fighting as though the fight just started.
Click

• Resets all ability cooldown timers

Molecular Self-Assembly

Gadgeteering Molecular_Self-Assembly

Slotted Passive, Energy Return
Each time your abilities become ready to use you receive a rush of energy in anticipation of the coming fight.
Slotted Passive

• Can be slotted in a Support or Balanced passive power slot
  • Each time an ability comes off cooldown, you gain energy

Munitions Bots

Gadgeteering Munitions_Bots

Requires 3 power from Gadgeteering or 5 non energy building powers from any framework

Controllable Combat Pet
Munitions Bots summons two armed robotic drones to fight for you.
Charge

• Summons 2 controllable Munitions Bots

Tap

• Cycles the mode of the Munitions Bots:
  • Mobile Mode: Follows user and attacks enemy targets
  • Turret Mode: Transform into a stationary turret with heavy attack and low defense

Attack Toys

Gadgeteering Attack_Toys

Requires 3 power from Gadgeteering or 5 non energy building powers from any framework

Controllable Combat Pet
Attack Toys summons an attack toy to fight for you.
Charge

• Summons a controllable Attack Toy
  • Attack Toy has a chance to trigger Play Time

Tap

• Summons an additional Attack Toy
  • Can only be activated within 3 seconds of Play Time

Medical Drones

Gadgeteering Medical_Drones

Controllable Combat Pet
Medical Drones summons 2 Medical Drones to help heal you and your allies.
Charge

• Summons 2 controllable Medical Drones
  • Medical Drones will use Repair on wounded allies

Tap

• Overloads Medical Drones allowing them to use Beam Blast to damage enemies

Orbital Cannon

Gadgeteering Orbital_Cannon

Requires 5 power from Gadgeteering or 8 non energy building powers from any framework

Charged Targeted Area Effect Particle Damage
Orbital Cannon calls down a particle blast to destroy your enemies from a weapon platform orbiting high overhead.
Charge

• Deals particle damage to targets around the primary target

Resurrection Serum

Gadgeteering Resurrection_Serum

Requires 5 power from Gadgeteering or 8 non energy building powers from any framework

Charged Targeted Resurrect
Resurrection Serum is a carefully crafted concoction administered to fallen allies to return them to action
Charge

• Resurrects a fallen ally within 15 feet

Tractor Beam

Gadgeteering Tractor_Beam

Maintained Reverse Repel
Tractor Beam latches on to your target and yanks them towards you.
Maintain

• Single target reverse repel
Back to top Go down
https://championswatchtower.forumotion.net
Lepew

Gadgeteering Empty
PostSubject: Feedback on 2 powers   Gadgeteering EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 1:36 pm

I would like to comment on 2 powers from this set.

First is Gauntlet Chainsaw. This is a melee cone, maintained damage, that does not immobilize you during maintain. So you can pick a target and run in a circle around it while you maintain the chainsaw, and pivot the cone about your middle guy, strafe sawing everyone else near. The damage per maintain tic on this saw is pretty sick. At around 20, I was seeing between 200 and 250 damage per tic with my str/con Lumberjack. The big drawback to this power is it is an endurance pig. I originally took this with defiance, since defiance builds endurance per hit you take. But defiance is such a lousy defensive set owing to the logistics of building and maintaining a stack that I dropped it. There are many calling for this power to be nerfed as its damage is outpacing that from the other melee sets like dual blades. I really liked it for my might character since it gave much better damage with no knockback. Perhaps a high intellect character (maybe str/int power armor guy) would get even more use out of this.

The next power is medical drones (field drones). These bots heal you pretty steadily. Low ranks in them mean they tend to die fast. Higher ranks lead to pets that live longer. The healing value of the bots is independant of your attributes. Resurgance tracks your con, and many other heals track your PRE, but this one just does its thing. The main problems I have with them is their AI is retarded. Post combat they will sit there healing each other and not follow you. If you run off, they sit there healing then can not find you because you are too far away. If you use a movement power, they can not really follow you. You can not dismiss them at range, and there is a range where they can not find you, but you are not so far away they dont automatically unsummon. So if you have to go anywhere long distance, it is best to dismiss them before you move, and resummon them later. Now their summon cost is roughly half your endurance. If you have a low REC, you will not be able to summon them until you charge up in combat, and the summon is a 3s or so charge, exposing you to enemy damage during that time. To really enjoy them, I either bump up recovery through items and talents to set equilibrium to greater than or equal to half my end. The other way is to get dark transfusion (if you have con) where you take damage and become unhealable but it fills your endurance.

The medical drones can take an alpha strike. If you port into a group, the bots will follow you, and while you are phased out, the enemies only see your bots and first strike them. This can be good and bad, but you can use it to soak up a few of their nastier opening moves.
Back to top Go down
Horizon

Horizon

Gadgeteering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgeteering   Gadgeteering EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 7:28 pm

I added the Heal Bots to my Might/Invuln Build, and my Survivability Sky-rocketed, Lepew said it all, about the AI, "dead on" they are about as wise as a transister radio, but when they work , they shine... and they are a heal with no thought...

I really enjoy team-members who sport them too, when you get three or MORE members on a team with these, its nearly un-killable,

I was in a UTC match, with three of our five members having the Drones... we never lost a single man once...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gadgeteering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadgeteering   Gadgeteering Empty

Back to top Go down

Gadgeteering
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Champions Watchtower :: Power Sets and Stat Effects-
Jump to: