Champions Watchtower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Online fan site created by fans for fans.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ice Ice Baby

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JOROBOTO
Admin
JOROBOTO

Ice Ice Baby Empty
PostSubject: Ice Ice Baby   Ice Ice Baby EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:35 pm

ICE

Ice Shards

Ice Ice Baby Ice_Shards

Energy Builder

Energy Generation, Ranged Cold Damage
Ice Shards gives you the ability to throw razor sharp shards of ice at your target.
Click

• Single target cold damage
  • Generates energy
  • Chance to apply Chill, slowing the target’s movement. Other powers may also take advantage of the Chill condition.

Ice Blast

Ice Ice Baby Ice_Blast

No requirements

Charged Ranged Cold Damage
Ice Blast allows you to hurl a concentrated bolt of frost at your target.
Tap

• Single target cold damage
  • Chance to apply Chill, slowing the target’s movement. Other powers may also take advantage of the Chill condition.

Charge

• Increases the damage and energy cost of the Tap action.

Frost Breath

Ice Ice Baby Frost_Breath

Requires 1 power from Ice or 2 non energy building powers from any framework

Maintained Cone Cold Damage
Frost Breath causes your character to exhale a cone of frost freezing your enemies in their tracks.
Maintain

• Creates a cone area of effect, dealing cold damage to any targets in the cone
  • Damage and energy cost increase per period. Damage increases faster than the energy cost.

Shatter

Ice Ice Baby Shatter

Requires 1 powers from Ice or 2 non energy building powers from any framework

Cone Cold Damage
Shatter allows you to throw a fan of ice shards in front of you, slicing into anyone unfortunate enough to be in their path.
Click

• Creates a cone area of effect, dealing cold damage to targets in the cone
  • Causes increased damage to any target affected by Chill
  • Causes any ice objects hit to explode, dealing area damage around the object
  • Returns energy for each target affected by Chill and each ice object destroyed.
  • Consumes Chill effect on targets.

Ice Shield

Ice Ice Baby Ice_Shield

Block Slot Enhancement
Ice Shield creates a protective barrier of pure force that significantly reduces incoming damage and converts it into Energy.
Maintain

• Self damage reduction
  • Chance to apply Chill on attackers, slowing the attacker’s movement. Other powers may also take advantage of the Chill condition.

Ice Cage

Ice Ice Baby Ice_Cage

Ranged Immobilization
Ice Cage temporarily immobilizes a target in an icy prison.
Click

• Target cannot move but cannot attempt to break free. Allies can help the target by attacking the cage to reduce the duration.
  • Cage is immune to cold damage

Wall of Ice

Ice Ice Baby Wall_of_Ice

Requires 1 non-energy building Ice power or any 2 non-energy building powers

Ice Object Creation, Melee Area Effect Cold Damage, Immobilize
Wall of Ice calls chunks of ice from the ground in front of you to
freeze anything that touches them and then explode violently, sending
shards of ice in all directions.
Maintain

• Creates a wall of ice in front of you
  • Length of the wall of ice is determined by the maintained time
  • Any target touching the wall of ice will be held by an Ice Cage.
  • Shortly after the maintain stops the wall will explode, dealing cold damage to nearby targets.

Ice Sheath

Ice Ice Baby Ice_Sheath

Requires 1 power from Ice or 2 non energy building powers from any framework

Self Damage Buff, Self Critical Severity Buff, Energy Form
Ice Sheath coats you in a layer of ice focusing your power into a
concentrated form which increases your combat effectiveness with all
attacks.
Click

• Increases damage of all attacks
  • Assists in breaking out of hold and paralysis effects
  • Can be used while held or paralyzed
  • Chance to apply Chill to enemies attacking you, slowing the affected enemy’s movement. Other powers may also take advantage of the Chill condition.
  • Counts as an Energy Form

Snow Storm

Ice Ice Baby Snow_Storm

Requires 3 powers from Ice or 5 non energy building powers from any framework

Maintained Targeted Area Effect Cold DoT
Snow Storm allows you to summon a swirling blizzard to tear at your enemies.
Maintain

• Deals continual cold damage to targets in the targeted area
  • Chance to apply Chill, slowing the target's movement. Other powers may also take advantage of the Chill condition.

Ice Burst

Ice Ice Baby Ice_Burst

Requires 3 power from Ice or 5 non energy building powers from any framework

Targeted Ice Object Creation
Ice Burst creates a spire of ice under your target, lifting them
into the air. The column can be destroyed, causing it to detonate
violently dealing damage to any enemies around it.
Click

• Creates a destructible Ice Column beneath the target.
  • The Ice Column can be destroyed, causing it to deal cold damage to nearby targets.

Ice Barrier

Ice Ice Baby Ice_Barrier

Requires 3 powers from Ice or 5 non energy building powers from any framework

Self Damage Resistance Buff
Ice Barrier summons sheets of ice around you to help protect you from all attacks.
Click

• Creates several Ice Barriers on self
  • Increases damage resistance per Ice Barrier remaining
  • Self root

Ice Form

Ice Ice Baby Ice_Form

Requires 3 power from Ice or 5 non energy building powers from any framework

Slotted Passive, Damage Buff, Damage Resistance Buff, Energy Form
Your mastery of cold grants you the knowledge of how to most
effectively use your elemental powers and how to reduce the effect of
your attacker’s elemental attacks.
Slotted Passive

• Can be slotted in an Offensive or Balanced passive power slot
  • Only active while in combat
  • Increases all of your elemental (fire, ice, toxic) damage. This increase scales with your Endurance.
  • Increases your resistance to all elemental effects and greatly
    increases your resistance to ice effects. These resistances scale with
    your Dexterity.
  • Generates a small amount of energy when you are struck with ice attacks
  • Chance to apply Chill to enemies attacking you, slowing the
    affected enemy’s movement. Other powers may also take advantage of the
    Chill condition.
  • Counts as an Energy Form

Vapor Form

Ice Ice Baby Vapor_Form

Requires 5 power from Ice or 8 non energy building powers from any framework

Invulnerability Buff
Vapor Form transforms you into a flying cloud of mist making it impossible for nearly all attacks to land.
Click

• Transform self into a cloud of mist
  • Gain flight
  • Gain immunity to all damage types except paranormal
Back to top Go down
https://championswatchtower.forumotion.net
GreatEvilBetty

GreatEvilBetty

Ice Ice Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Ice Baby   Ice Ice Baby EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:12 am

My Opinion of Ice:

So far i have been playing with a pure Ice Power Pool characdter up to level 26.

Ice definitely has it's flaws, but it's greatest strength is AOE followed very quickly by Cround Control.

Most of Ices powers have great Synergy with eachother, and i've found a tried and tru method to take down almost any villan and get out of any situation alive.

For most single minions, two charged shots from Ice Blast is enough to kill them, or a few ticks from Snow Storm. For a large group of Minions, just use Snow Storm and they will all die in less than two seconds. If there are any villans mixed in with the Minions, try and target them when casting Snow Storm as they will last a bit longer than the minions but it generally will kill them in less than the full duration of Snow Storm.

If there is a Super Villian or Master Villian in the mix, try and take out as many Villians and Henchmen as you can before drawing aggro from the Super Villian or Master Villian, it will make the fight that much easier. If this isn't an option it isn't the end of the world.

I generally start off with a charged Ice Blast, followed by Wall of Ice, while Wall of Ice is making it's way to the targets, i make sure i have the Strongest Villian targeted, or the largest concentration of weaker Villians. I hit them with a Snow Storms full duration, then get in as close as possible(by now your Wall of Ice should have frozen several of them) and i drop two Shatters.

Shatter is a VERY powerful power. I've hit as high at 400 damage to each target with it, and it has no cooldown. Unfortunately the high damage hit generally only occurse on the first casting of it, as it will consume the Chill effect on your enemies, this making each consecutive use of Shatter much, much weaker. I always throw it out there twice to make sure i hit everyone who has been Chilled.

Next i hit the Strongest Villian with Ice Burst, and then proceed to alternate between Snowstorm and Shatter, throwing out Wall of Ice on occasion. This method will work on almost anything, at least that i have encountered so far, but there are many exceptions, and i have died many, many times so far. Which brings me to Ice's greatest weakness:

Defence: At least it was for me. Course i chose Regeneration and Intelligence for my Super Stats, if i ever get a full respec i will most likely trade one of those for Consititution.

As far as Worthless powers(that i have encountered so far) they are, in my opinion:

Ice Cage: It does the same thing as Wall of Ice, but only Single Target.

Frost Breath: To be honest i just haven't gotten this power yet, but i did have it in Open beta on my insta level 40 char and it didn't seem all too useful. Of course i think it could have some very good use, but i have so many other powers i need to get first...

Barrier: I still need to test it some more, but from wht i have guessed on it is that it only reduced damage coming at you from the front, not from the sides or back, since the Wall of ice Barriers that it makes is inn a horizontal line that protects you fromt he front. Haven't tested it on anything other than the lasers in the Powerhouse, but it did significantly reduce the damage from them. by about 1/3.

I'm still playing my ice character, and intend to Max her. If you have any questions you can message me ingame @greatevilbetty or post here or PM me.

Take care, and have fun!
Back to top Go down
CSchroder

Ice Ice Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Ice Baby   Ice Ice Baby EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:30 am

Reading GreatEvilBetty's description and hearing from a friend who also went cold, I decided to make a superhero named Frigid Ayre Friday night. After playing him all weekend and reaching 13th level, I must say I love the Ice Power set thus far! I only have 1 other toon--PA--so I have limited abillity to compare, but compared to PA, I'm leveling faster and having less problems solo'ing. Now some of it may be my experience--I'm better than when I started--but still I think the set works well, especially after reading about how the set had been nerfed before I begin using it. I don't know how powerful it was before, but I really only judge things on how hard it is for me to solo and thus far, I find Ice to be fine and easier than PA was for me.

I often hit the closest or a weak opponent with Ice Blast to either take it out or get it close. As he/she charges, often bringing friends, I hit them with a Wall of Ice which I follow with Ice Shards to fill up my energy bar before smothering them with a Snow Storm. I hit anyone still standing with Ice Blasts or Shards depending on my energy bar. I really like the visuals of Ice Wall.

I took Ice Slide and then read about all the complaints since it isn't a typical flying power. You are basically surfing on an snow/ice board and fall back to the ground when you aren't moving. It can be problematic if you are trying to fly and scout since it requires more control on your part. Nevertheless, I still like the visual of ice surfing and it meets my character image.

I went with REC/END for my superstats and find that I'm trying to do as much damage as fast as I can and do little blocking. For the offensive minded--I think this set fits the bill and watching ice walls explode is just fun. I took regeneration for healing/defense and will look at Ice Form but it'll be hard to give up the regen.

If you are looking for a fun set with an offensive mindset, try this out!

p.s. You do have some crowd control so that's fun too.
Back to top Go down
Lepew

Ice Ice Baby Empty
PostSubject: OK question   Ice Ice Baby EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 1:50 pm

From what I read about this set, the play is all about applying chill then shattering. Shatter has an advantage to strip chill only 50% of the time. Have any of you tried that way of playing cold? Where you pick something with a high chance of chill, then follow with shatter (advantaged?)
Back to top Go down
CSchroder

Ice Ice Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Ice Baby   Ice Ice Baby EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 6:45 am

Lepew,

I just hit level 14 and took Shatter because of all the talk about it. I had read that it was nerfed with the last patch so I don't know how it was pre-nerf but my initial take is that it isn't that great. Now it also may be that I'm not high enough level and don't have enough powers or a high enough % to give chill. What I have been doing is hitting one of my opponents, usually a henchman, with an Ice Blast and then using Wall of Ice when the mob approachs me. I then follow it up with Shatter. Even if they aren't chilled, they take damage from the exploding ice and I get back energy. That's kind of nice but nothing great. I'm thinking of retconning and replacing it with Ice Shield to that I can better protect myself so I can regen. Ice Shield has a chance to chill so I'd be looking at getting Shatter later.

I'd be interested in feedback from any other Ice players on what powers they use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ice Ice Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Ice Baby   Ice Ice Baby Empty

Back to top Go down

Ice Ice Baby
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Champions Watchtower :: Power Sets and Stat Effects-
Jump to: