Champions Watchtower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Online fan site created by fans for fans.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where's the Offense?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Horizon

Horizon

Where's the Offense? Empty
PostSubject: Where's the Offense?   Where's the Offense? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 9:07 pm

Surely some of you have come across pieces of equipment with a "Offense" boost... always displayed after the Defense ratings... I was curious as to what (exactly) does this rating provide you?
Is it accuracy boost, to counter for high dodge ratings? is it extra damage? It appears thus far, to be a sort of "hidden" statistic.
I searched the Forums at CO, in hopes of finding it for myself, but I came up empty handed, hopefully you guys can banish this enigma!
Back to top Go down
Lepew

PostSubject: Well if its like Champions...   Where's the Offense? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:34 pm

The roleplaying game Champions worked like this

Your dex/3 was your combat value, CV. Attackers would add offensive skill levels to CV to get OCV, your offensive combat value. Defenders would add defensive skill levels (or maneuver bonuses like dodge) to CV to get DCV, their defensive combat value. To find your 'hit' roll, you would add to the number 11 the value (OCV - DCV). Then you would roll 3, 6-sided dice and add them up...if you were under that number you hit them.

So offense in that system increased your liklihood of hitting.

THis game is a lot different though. Things like dodge add avoidance which reduces damage received, not your odds of being missed.

My best guess is high offense values reduce mitigation from things like shield block, unbreakable, or avoidance, and let more of your damage land.
Back to top Go down
Horizon

Horizon

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Offense?   Where's the Offense? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 10:41 pm

thanks, starting to make sense.
If anyone knows where to find "Official" values, please let me know...
Back to top Go down
CSchroder

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Offense?   Where's the Offense? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:43 am

Per the strategy guide, all attack powers are improved when you get an increase to offense. Stacking offense is almost as good as adding points to your two characteristic focuses (super stats). The damage improvements are equivalent though super stats give you more peripheral improvements because they affect other aspects of your character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Offense?   Where's the Offense? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where's the Offense?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Champions Watchtower :: General Discussion-
Jump to: