Champions Watchtower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Online fan site created by fans for fans.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Darkness Power

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fox0311

Darkness Power Empty
PostSubject: Darkness Power   Darkness Power EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:15 pm

It needs some love guys! If noone else has any info for Darkness builds I will be glad to do it once I learn the game a bit more. Just thought I would reserve the spot but feel free to write something up study
Back to top Go down
Lepew

Darkness Power Empty
PostSubject: My feedback   Darkness Power EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:30 pm

fox0311 wrote:
It needs some love guys! If noone else has any info for Darkness builds I will be glad to do it once I learn the game a bit more. Just thought I would reserve the spot but feel free to write something up study

I have a 28 dark character now. I don't have the specific power names so you will have to figure out what is what from my descriptions.

You do want End/Con as your superstats for Dark, since shadowform feeds off of them. Specific powers I took

1. Embrace? the cone...this cone rocks. It is 50' long and can effect 5, this is my main damage dealer. I target the toughes guy in the group, turn on energy builder, and run around him in circles to line up the maintained cone (this cone lets you move while maintaining it) to hit the rest. Damage gets sick if you rank up shadowform and embrace to 3.

2. Energy return from dead foes...forget the name, but you get nice returns off of this as you cone stuff dead. The thing with embrace is you can keep it going til you run out of end, and more end coming in from dead guys lets you tick cone longer. The longer you maintain embrace, the more damage it does, so it is way better to keep one full embrace going than to do 2 embraces.

3. The life leech power if ranked is nice v. bosses. You can maintain it, and keep doing maintains on it to make it hard to kill you.

4. I skipped the roots/holds except condemn from supernatural. One of the best possible uses of embrace is to kite your foes...you attack one then run away holding down embrace's maintain. The stuff chasing you tends to stretch out in a line, which dies to your cone. If you get roots that prevents your enemy from following properly and ruins the playstyle. The power 'condemn' was recently nerfed (used to guarantee holds +damage on full charge). I like it for those times when damage is coming in too much and I need to stun some henchmen to live.

5. Take the ability that lets you break out of holds. This is useful since one of your concerns is a boss landing a hold then nailing you with a chargeup.

6. Take dark transfusion. You have tons of life, and your end bar max is huge, but odds are your equilibrium is low. Dark transfusion lets you start a fight with a full end bar, and it lets you ignore recovery. You still heal off of the green orbs which drop and your life leech power while under the damage DOT you take from this power.

7. Resurgance from Supernatural helps out since it is buffed by Con and you should have lots of con.
Back to top Go down

Darkness Power
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Champions Watchtower :: Power Sets and Stat Effects-
Jump to: